Tuesday, June 8, 2010

May Update - Forward and Back

In many ways, May was a month of progress.  We unpacked more boxes and M was able to do a lot of small repairs around the old house so we can put it on the market.  Unfortunately, I had to stop running in order to give M time to do that.  I felt like ti was a huge step back and I miss it.  The lack of a regular babysitter is beginning to be a problem.  Despite all of the unpacking we've done, it feels like our house looks just as terrible.  Is it possible that the pile is growing??  

The very end of the month took a turn for the comically awful when we bought a new van.  The night that M drove up to try to jump on a deal for a vehicle we really wanted, he broke down on the way there.  By the time he and the truck limped to the dealership, the van had been sold.  He left the truck there for repair and a good friend rescued him.  It was no small favor since the dealership was about an hour away.  The next day,  he went out a bought a 2010 and we gave up on trying to find the perfect deal.  I know I swore that I would never own a minivan, but it's very nice and extremely handy.  I have been assimilated.



Even though I had to stop running, I managed to lose five pounds in May!  I did this by being stressed out all the time and being much more strict with what I eat.  I reduced my portions at dinner, quit drinking my glass of wine (no drinking on weeknights only - I'm still human, after all) and I have a can of soup for lunch every day.  I also curb the snacking, which was not hunger related, by chewing gum. It is amazing how much better my clothes fit and how much more enjoyable it is to face myself in the mirror.

My goals for June:

Keep Losing Weight! - I am only a few pounds from my initial goal weight and I want to keep going.

Keep Unpacking - I know the bottom has to be there somewhere

Go to the Doctor and Start Running Again - I jammed my toe into the door a few weeks ago and it's still swollen and painful.  I think it might be broken.  I need to take care of that before I can run again.  Oops.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there mamma! Find a good babysitter for your sweeties. Make that a priority. You need time and you guys need some time together.

    You look FABULOUS...always.

    Tape the toes together and ice them. That is about all you can do on toes. One of my students just broke her toe. I asked how she did it and she said, "Peeing in the ocean." Well, there it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need to investigate the local high school for a babysitter! ;-) We found ours by asking our daycare provider if she knew anyone and she told us of a local teenager.

    As usual, our lives are in tandem--everything seems to progress 2 steps forward and 3 steps back! ;-)

    Proud of your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am in the world of never ending boxes here too.... when will it end?!!

    Way to go on the weight loss - that is impressive. Especialy impressed by your ability to eat soup every day for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO! Not the mini van!!!! :-)

    Hope the toe is better soon!

    ReplyDelete