Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One Year

Dear E,

One year ago you came into the world and made our family complete.  I admit that I wasn't really ready for you, but the moment we met you we knew that you were the missing piece in our lives and hearts. We have never looked back.

The first year of your life was full of a lot of change that you aren't even aware of.  Through all of it you were a happy little baby with nothing but a smile and a giggle when we needed it the most.  Your brother is fascinated with you.  He always asks about you when you aren't around and even though he sometimes tips you over or takes your toys, I know he loves you very much.  I think that someday soon you will both be conspiring against me!

                                                       Conversation

Your favorite pastime is eating.  You also love music and start to dance any time you hear a tune.  I can't go anywhere without having you in my arms or at my feet, which is sometimes hard because you are one big girl!  Climbing is another one of your hobbies, but we can sometimes talk you into sitting in a chair and drawing. We haven't been able to talk you out of eating the crayons, though.


I was always afraid that I wouldn't be a good mother to a daughter and I still have that fear, especially as you get older.  I can already see your personality coming through.  You have just the right mix of happiness, curiosity and skepticism.  I hope you keep that and I hope you always know that I love having a daughter.  As much as I would love to slow time just a little,  I cannot wait to watch you grow into a toddler, a girl, and then an amazing woman.  Happy birthday, little one

                                                          Flirting

12 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday, beautiful girl! Hoping the next 100 years are filled with as much wonder and excitement that the first year holds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Em! What a gorgeous girl! I hope to meet her someday...

    You are a wonderful mama and your happy, beautiful babies are the proof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em!! Happy Birthday big girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Emily! Congrats to you too mama! You MADE IT! xoxo Jeffra

    ReplyDelete
  5. She seems older. I guess it's all that hair. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post from a wonderful mom! Love those pigtails--gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Em!! She is soooo cute! Happy day to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, man. You made me cry. Happy day to both you beautiful girls. xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I've said it before, but she is just ridiculously adorable!! Happy 1 year Em!!

    ReplyDelete