Friday, April 9, 2010

March Update

I am a bit behind, but I seem to be nothing but behind these days!
My goals for March were Start Exercising, Get Everyone Healthy and Get Organized.

I started the Couch to 5K (C25K) a few weeks ago, thanks to Danielle and her inspiring progress!  It has been really nice.  I worked out an arrangement with M where he takes the kids to the neighborhood park so I can meet them there when I'm done.  This is a nice time of year, so the weather has been great.  One of the biggest reasons we bought in our neighborhood was the green belt.  I run through the neighborhood

                                                                 Path


and then it goes around a small bayou.

                                                              Path

I see people down there all the time, but I think they're crazy because we do get alligators.   It's a nice way to wind down.  When the weather gets too brutal, which it will, I'll have to move my workouts inside.  For now, though, I am enjoying my runs.  It's not as difficult a I thought it would be and I feel great.  I highly recommend the program!

We had a good month, health-wise.  I think that getting everyone outside helped and both kids are really enjoying the weather.  We travels to see my parents for Easter and even got L to collect some eggs at the community egg hunt.  He was so tired from the fun that he fell asleep riding on M's shoulders as we walked home.

                                                         After the Egg Hunt


I got a new dress for Easter and I think I see a bit of a change because of the running! (pardon the blurry phone pic)


                                                             Easter Morning
                                                    

The only ting I did not accomplish was the organizing.  That was a big, giant fail.  So, I will move that to this month's goals, again.

My goals for April are:

1) Keep Running!

2) Get Organized - unpack boxes, unpack boxes and unpack boxes

3) Make more of an effort to spend time as a family at least one day per weekend

4) Start taking more photos

5) Get my garden started

5 comments:

  1. Keep up the AWESOME work and know that you're inspiring others...including me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on the progress! That's awesome. Also, I love the new dress and the adorableness of E. Oh, how I could use a new dress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures--I love being out in nature--and exercise too! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so envious of your running goals. I really loathe running, but it seems o be the easiest & fastest thing to do to stay in shape. I'll let you know if I ever get around to it, but in the mean time, I will happily cheer you along on achieving your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Keep Running! You are doing wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete