Friday, December 17, 2010

A Little Humbug

photo



I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into Christmas this year.  It's not like anything is really wrong.  I still have my job, the kids are fine, and M still has his job.  Compared to a lot of families in the space community, we're doing pretty good.  Still, I just don't have that happiness that I usually do during Christmas.  My shopping has been non-existent and I'm not even sure we're going to do cards this year, which has been a real sore point between me and M.

I really thought that 2010 was going to be the best year yet, and in many ways it's been one of the hardest.  I feel like I struggle to balance everything going on much more than I did at this time last year.  Many of the things that are stressful are temporary, namely school, but my job is always on my mind, as are money and time.  How did I let it get away from me?  I know I need to make some changes and, despite my resolutions to share some responsibilities, I have taken on most of the household chores and child rearing responsibilities again.  So, I am going to fix that.

I only have to work two days next week and then we leave for my hometown on Wednesday.  I think I just need a damn break, but Christmas isn;t always the best time for that.  I'm still worried about my mom, but it will be nice to have everyone together.  I hope something kicks in because this humbug feeling isn't fun.

6 comments:

  1. I don't have any advice, but wanted to send you some hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had similar 2010s. I thought this year was going to be better than last...and in some ways it has been. Like you I have lots to be thankful for--but also a LOT of stressors in my life (some temporary, like our money issues). It took me a long time to warm up to the holidays this year...and even then, I am only on at 75% level to my normal holiday cheer.

    Here's hoping you get some holiday mojo back; that you get some time with relaxation this holiday break; and that next year is better for all of us!!!

    [[Hugs]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it so hard to recognize and fix this stuff?

    Lord knows I have NO idea.

    I truly don't think I could have done it any other way (i.e., waiting til I was 45, then having a nervous breakdown). How sad is THAT?! You don't get those years back, Man.

    Hugs to you, my Sweetie Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny...I am looking forward to Christmas but I'm in the spirit, either, this year.
    2010 was hard! There were plenty of good points but I'm hoping that 2011 is much much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, best photo of L EVER. EVER.

    Next, you guys crammed in SO MUCH above and beyond stuff into 2010. Think of all of the work on the house, car and everything. That sucks so much energy out of you for anything else!

    I totally understand, though. I think I did a few things from my list for 2010 (thanks to The Plan), but I have a long way to go.

    Cheers to 2011!
    ...right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wise words here, just thinking of you... Hugs from MN.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete